The Protestant evangelical church has been a massive conservative force over the past 50 years. With nearly 40 million members, evangelicals are normally politically active, voting for their morals as well as for the preservation of our republic.
But something has happened over the past 7 years or so that has radically changed the priorities and mission of the largest evangelical seminaries and churches in the United States. Seminaries previously focused on Scriptural exegesis and proclamation are now focusing on teaching their future pastors postmodern concepts such as critical race theory and intersectionality. Churches throughout the nation are pushing progressive agendas along with the teaching of unconscious bias training and the deceptive idea of ‘white privilege’.
Faithful church members are being encouraged to reject constitutional conservatives and to embrace open borders, reject normative patriotism, and embrace progressive concepts and social justice policies normally reserved for radical socialists or open society adherents.
Rejecting any respect or support for President Donald Trump, the new progressive Christian front has an obvious political edge. While stating that it is “a-political,’ the deconstructionist Christian movement churns out articles, videos, conferences, and tweets that promote progressive policies such as open borders, equity-based concepts, and social justice endeavors.
What is happening and why is it happening?
On this episode of The Causes of Things, we will explore the genesis of this massive paradigm shift within the Christian Church.
Listed below are important links and documents necessary for verifying the veracity of the information contained within this program:
- Call To Pause: Evangelical Men Join Women’s Call To Hit Pause On Culture War
- NIF Richard Land Impact Report Document
- National Immigration Forum Grants From Open Society Foundations
- Influential Signatories Of The Evangelical Immigration Table
- Evangelicals and Immigration
- Intersectionality and Reconciliation in Our Churches
- Pro-Amnesty Christian Groups Receiving $1 Billion From Feds Double-Down for Syrian Refugees
- Evangelical Leaders: Tell Us to Vote for Clinton
- Russell Moore Responds to Trump’s “Nasty Guy” Tweet With An Epic Burn
- The Nonpartisan Solution to Our Roy Moore Problem
- Top Evangelical Leader Tears Into Roy Moore’s Defenders
- Dr. Russell Moore: “The Future of Evangelicalism is at Stake”
- Dozens Of Evangelical Leaders Meet To Discuss How Trump Era Has Unleashed ‘Grotesque Caricature’ Of Their Faith
- Video: A House Divided Cannot Stand: Understanding and Overcoming the Inconsistencies in White Evangelicals on Racial Issues
- Video: T4G Session 3 – David Platt – Let Justice Roll Down Like Waters: Racism and our Need for Repentance